Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest!” (Matthew 11:28)
1) Jesus invites us to come to Him just as we are.
2) Jesus recognizes the busyness of our lives, how we are overburdened with life’s trials and struggles.
3) Jesus draws us into His loving and gentle presence.
“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29-30)
4) Jesus wants to listen to all of our troubles, and assures us that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
5) When we spend time with Jesus we find rest for our souls.
6) Jesus speaks to us in the silence of our hearts and gives us inner peace.
7) We can speak with Jesus as we would with any friend, sharing our joys, our struggles, our hopes, and our fears.
8) Jesus never grows tired of listening to us and constantly renews us with the gift of His love.
9) We can share everything with Jesus in prayer!