Jesus Calms the Storms of Life!
“Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still! “Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.”
He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!” (Mark 4:36-41)
1) Even Christians – Followers of Jesus Christ, Have Problems – Just because we follow Jesus doesn’t mean that we won’t have storms in our lives. On the other hand, following Jesus will give us peace, even in the midst of those storms. (Matthew 11:28)
2) Trust Jesus and Don’t Panic. – Remember, even when we think Jesus is not listening to us, Jesus is! Jesus will not desert us. We must continue to trust Jesus since He is very much in control of the situation. Jesus is right beside us!
3) Call Out—Cry Out to Jesus for Help – There are times that we will panic—the storms of life are raging and we will panic. But we MUST cry out to Jesus!
4) Even though the disciples panicked when the storm arose, they had enough faith to do something very productive – they asked Jesus to help them.
5) Worry has been proven to be useless, but prayer is always effective. Although we may not get exactly what we want, we will get what we need. Thanks be unto our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Amen!
It is in reality a great and useful piece of information. I’m
glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.